East End Counselors Association is pleased to recognize outstanding service to the profession and the children of Suffolk County by presenting an annual “Rising Star” award. This award is specifically designed for those counselors “new” to our profession. The basis for nominating a counselor for this award is as follows:
- 1. Maximum three (3) years of service.
- 2. Contribution to the field of counseling and human development.
- 3. Examples of innovative or unique programs initiated by the nominee.
- 4. Professional activities (in the school, district, agency, community, EECA or a statewide professional counseling organization).
- 5. Nominee and nominator must both be members of East End Counselors Association
Please submit nominations along with short description of your nominee in 500 words or less, highlighting why they meet the above criteria.
Awards will be presented at the June General Membership Meeting.
We ask that nominees and nominators be present at the meeting on June 7, 2017.
Nominations may be mailed or emailed to:
Newfield High School
145 Marshall Drive
Selden, NY 11784